Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hobby Hats

When asked "What do you like to do?" I often can't think of any hobbies I really have because I have always thought of a hobby as something you get to enjoy doing frequently in your spare time. OK, spare time- don't have that...but I have decided that frequent or not- I do have hobbies! Like today- will be the 4th Annual Christmas Card Crop at my Mom's house. We "lock" ourselves in her scraproom all day and churn out adorable handmade Christmas cards; each one is different and special. By the end of the day, we have great memories, stories, and will be slightly delirious with laughter.

Another hobby hat I wear is that of a photographer- it seems out of place to refer to myself as a photographer. I am more like "one who likes to take pictures and be creative with them". I am no professional but I do get a good one here and there!

I also enjoy baking (cooking, too, but BAKING better). I think it is in my blood- my Mom owned a bakery for several years when I was little. Now that I have kids (2 girls helps a lot!) I get to bake with them! The "baby" is still too little but I have been baking with my (nealry) 3 year old since she was 2. The other night we had Gwanma & Papa over and we baked sugar cookies. Would you believe that this girl saw the process all the way through?! She must really enjoy it because most kids have an attention span on a gnat but this one- from start to finish she was in it!

Gotta go! I'm off to the crop!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you take! I wish you could spend more time executing your ideas. They never cease to impress me. However, you are a bit of a head-chopper at times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh what a crop it was! We only came out for food or a comfort break. haha! "Ok, Santa, you're going down." LOL 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had more time to crop! As you know I hope to someday turn my hobby into a business! It has been much slower going than I thought but if it ever comes to fruition, and it becomes my job.....I will have to find a new hobby! My secret wish is to be a great cook and would love to go to culinary school....but for now I guess that would be a hobby number two! I love that a lot of women in my life share the same hobbies and interests! It makes it so fun when we get together as we can enjoy those simple delights together! Soooo ladies, when is our next crop and food session?

    ReplyDelete