Friday, December 17, 2010

The First Time

This is my first blog ever! I am excited to share my thoughts- whether profound or weightless...I have a lot that goes through my head that I cannot share with my dear daughters simply due to the fact that they are 3 and 1. Of late I have been thinking about how I wear many hats (as most everyone does)- I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, auntie, pharmacist...how often I am required to quickly switch hats or just wear multiple hats at a time.

Take tonight for example: after working all day (8am to almost 8pm), I came home to my eldest daughter who exclaimed "Mommy!" and ran to give me a hug. I excited accepted her embrace and also wondered where the "baby" was (she is walking and running, hardly a baby but how else shall I refer to her?!) when she darted out from around the corner in her room, smiled with a mouth so wide her pacie flew out, and could not run fast enough to give me a hug. I love that they are so happy when I get home.

Often it is so hard to leave them, even though I only work part time. But what might I miss while I am not there? Fortunately, they stay home with either their Daddy or their Gwanma (and Papa sometimes, too). These girls are so blessed to have so much love...they are little still, yet have already had such a happy, loving life.

Each night after I tuck them in their beds I say "Mommy loves you. Jesus protect you and keep you safe." That is where I have to take comfort- when Mommy can't be there, Jesus will be. And He will honor the prayer of this mother's heart- whether it is because I am at work, out grocery shopping, spending time with friends/family, or because Mommy can't stay in Sunday School with them forever! My prayer will always be that they know I love them and that Jesus will protect them and keep them safe. How many times and in how many different circumstances will I utter the words of that prayer as they continue to grow?

2 comments:

  1. How many times, indeed. How blessed we are to have a loving God that cares for our families whether we're present or not. As much as we love each one, Jesus loves them more! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandi for creating this venue to talk of our many hats! I look forward to the great laughter, conversation, and deeper connection we will all feel as we relate to one another as we travel this experience called motherhood! I love you, Cari

    ReplyDelete